Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

ART 110 Final Projects

"Believe it or not, we're almost at the end of our quarter," said prof. Luark

And tomorrow Thursday (I suppose it's today Thursday since it is 12 already) will be our last review for this winter quarter and tomorrow, OOPS.. I mean, today will be our Final Test! 
Our Final Art test will be testing our understanding in the concept, vocabularies and terms used in design. She said it's easy though I know it won't be that easy as what I got from the review. It could be very easy for her, but for beginners like us? Well, easy or not, I have to answer all of them correctly! It worths 10 points!


Anw, My Logo project was a big disappointment! It turned out to be A- after 4 straight A's :'( I wish I had done it with cutting paper cause you know, craftsmanship doesn't count in if you do it in computer... Had I known it would turn out that way, I would not have done it in computer...

oh yeah, there are two final projects to submit tomo.. today I mean. Each of the two assignment worths 10 points.


So first one, Value Scale!


Title : Value Scale

Materials:
- White Bristol Board
- Acrylic Paint, Mars Black
- Acrylic Paint, Titanium White
- illustration Board

tools:
- Pallete and brush
- Scissors, Knife, rulers
- Rubber Cement and its eraser
- Cutting pad

RULES :
1. Cut illustration board by 4" x 15"

2. Using acrylic paint (Black and White ONLY), create a 9-step value scale in your bristol board.

3. Cut modules on bristol board by 1.5" x 3"

4. If mid-tone (the middle module) has been identified, paint the color on bristol board and cut it by .75" x .75" to be placed in the middle of each module EXCEPT in the mid-tone itself.

5. Create an EVEN PROGRESSION value! (gradually changes from white to black)

6. Make sure to not get a blotchy look in each of the modules.

7. REMEMBER TO ERASE PENCIL LINES AND REMOVE THE EXCESS RUBBER CEMENTS!

It shows gradual progression, doesn't it? *trying to make sure 

And the final look must be like this


________________________________________-------____


and Spatial Design, here I am trying to make it deep! as deep and far as I can.

Title : Spatial Design


Objectives : Create a design which illustrates a successful spatial cues

Materials:
- Acrylic Paint, Mars Black
- Acrylic Paint, Titanium White
- illustration Board

tools:
- A pallete and brush
- A knife

RULES :
1. Cut illustration board to 12" x 16" either horizontally or vertically

2. Sketch ideas!
Make sure it illustrates spatial cues well using
i) Overlapping (at least one)
ii) Scale Reduction
iii) Positioning
iv) at least 7 SIMPLE shapes

3. Transfer sketch to board and begin painting using acrylic paint (Black and White ONLY)

4. Paint Background using:
i) High Key (Value #1.5 - #2)
ii) Mid Key (Value #5)
iii) Low Key (Value #8 - #8.5)

5. NO BLENDING!

6. Make sure to not get a blotchy look in each of the modules.


For this final project, I am working with space. I think it's easier(?) hahaha...
I want to get 10 for each of the two projects. pretty confident yes? Being an optimist doesn't kill anw :)

sketch

These are the paints

and my very simple tools


And finally, before I end this post, I have a question :)

In my Value Scale projects, why are we required to glue a mid-tone to every modules except the mid-tone itself?


Tada~

Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment