Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Eyeballing Grid Assignment

I really love here, love almost everything here except the Cold weather. It's winter and it's so terribly cold here. It's not yet snowed but it will soon and I bet it will get much colder and colder.


College life is fun!! Why not?
I choose the class schedule and time
I don't need to sit down from morning to noon like I was in my high school
I choose and take the subjects I really want to focus on
I can take online classes, which means I just stay at home and study
I make lots lots of friends

The only disadvantage is MANY ASSIGNMENTS, esp if you take art classes. You will get incredibly lots lots of assignments.

Life is so good :) I only need to go to my college every Monday to Thursday. And I only have two classes each day which starts at 10.30 to 4.30 yahaha :P

I got an assignment from my art class - 2d design. Here are two overviews of my own project.


Description:
Title : Eyeballing Grid

Focusing on : Principles of Unity and Variety and basic elements of design

Materials :
- lots lots of magazines
- Murano Paper (I use gray)
- Illustration board

Tools :
- Pencil and eraser for sure!
- Scissors, Knife, ruler, triangle ruler
- Rubber Cement and its eraser
- cutting pad

RULE:
1. Margins: left, right and top must be at least 1" and must be narrower than bottom
2. The shapes or forms must be clear not blur, repeated and unify. FOCUS on the SHAPE not CONTENT!
3. MUST make exactly 16 pieces. the pieces could be square or rectangle with clean-cut edges!
4. Spacing between each piece MUST be 1/2". Align them squarely.
5. REMEMBER TO ERASE PENCIL LINES AND REMOVE THE EXCESS RUBBER CEMENTS

tada~
Kenneth

1 comment:

  1. Good way of observing things - I am a little more of a monochrome individual, myself
    My website :: silver jewellery

    ReplyDelete